Yesterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?

 Prompt Response: The easiest part of writing the argument essay was coming up with my evidence as I was able to connect it to my experiences and observations. The most challenging part of writing my essay was making my introduction paragraph and my commentary. In my introduction paragraph, I couldn't think of a good hook which was really important to me because I wanted to start off my essay strong. I also felt very repetitive when trying to explain my evidence and I felt like I went off topic a few times. Something that I would do differently next time would be moving on to a different section when I got stuck. During certain points in my writing, I did not know what to write and I feel like that wasted my time which is very important due to our time limit.

Summary: In class we got a prompt and wrote an argumentative essay. 

Reflection: We practiced planning out and writing an argumentative essay. This is important because it allows us to get a feel for how much time we'll have to write our essays during the AP Exam and we'll be able to get feedback and improve. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about a conversation that changed you.