Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Prompt Response: The phrase that I find myself using the most right now is "I guess" but I add a lot of s's at the end. It has become a part of my everyday language as I actually picked it up from a guy I'm talking to. The first day that we really started talking, I noticed he did that a lot and without noticing at first, I started doing it a lot too. I only noticed after one of my friends pointed out how much I used that same phrase. I mainly do it when someone counters my point and I also do a gesture with it where I smile and look to the side. I think it reveals the attention to detail that I pay to people as I often pick up small phrases and words that people that I'm close to use. 

Summary: Today in class we wrote down fifteen vocabulary words in our notebook and did exercises to use the words. 

Reflection: It's important to work on expanding your vocabulary as it can help you understand things that you may read and hear as well as helping you communicate with the appropriate language. This can be a useful skill in writing essays, tests, and in conversations. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Describe something you will never fully understand.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.