Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?
Prompt Response: The part of building an argument that is the most challenging for me is the evidence. This is because I never word my evidence very well. Additionally, a lot of the time I find myself explaining hypothetical situations rather than using specific observations, experiences, or readings. I think that once I start making my evidence more specific, I'll be able to do better on my argument paragraphs. Also, sometimes I start using second person in my evidence although I usually catch it and replace it with something else.
Summary: In class we took notes about the do's and don'ts of argument paragraphs after looking at our Writeable grades.
Reflection: Learning the do's and don'ts of argument paragraphs is important because it ensures that you're using the correct structures, pronouns, evidence, and more. This is important to know because it helps make arguments stronger and clearer.
Comments
Post a Comment