Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.

 Prompt Response: Clustering helped me generate ideas and examples as it allowed me to see how I could breakdown topics into subtopics. This was really useful because with clustering, one also gets a visual of all the things that one could write about so it helps one easily have enough to write about. I plan on using it when I plan my AP Lang essays. This is because in my writing, I often encounter writer's block and I end up wasting time planning on what to write about. With clustering, l will simply look at my sheet and I will pick something from there to write about next.

Summary: In class we took notes over clustering and we tried using clustering as a class. 

Reflection: We learned about clustering which is a part of brainstorming. This is important because it can help one avoid getting writer's block during an essay as it gives one a visual of their ideas and potential things they could write about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about a conversation that changed you.