Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.
Prompt Response: A time that I completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for was during a choice board assignment last year in AP World History. She gave us very vague instructions on what to do and what she expected. This led to confusion when doing the assignment as I didn't know if what I had done was enough and if it covered the points she was looking for. Knowing the "ins and outs" of a rubric can change the way that you approach an assignment as it can save you time by making sure you cover the things that will maximize the amount of points you get. If I had received a rubric that I could've broken down on my assignment, I could have focused on the necessary points to ensure that I got a good grade, without adding extra details that were unnecessary.
Summary: Today we took notes about how to write the introductory paragraph of an argumentative essay and we broke down the rubric to see how to get the highest amount of points.
Reflection: We looked at the different categories of the rubric and saw the differences between the different point quantities. It's important to know the different parts of the rubric because it can help one complete the necessary requirements to achieve maximum points while minimizing the amount of time that they write as they have a specific focus.
Comments
Post a Comment