Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.
Prompt Response: I think that a word that I learned today that will be most useful to me in the future is carte blanche. Carte blanche is when one can do something freely without any restrictions. A situation where I could use it realistically is when working with the other social media managers in a club. The president of the club gave us carte blanche over the Instagram account so that we could promote the club as we saw fit. This allows us to use our creativity to appeal to people.
Summary: In class, we copied down the lesson two vocabulary into our notebooks and we did exercises.
Reflection: We learned fifteen new vocabulary words. This is important because using sophisticated language can help one gain the sophistication point in the AP Language exam essays.
Comments
Post a Comment