In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

 Prompt Response: A time when I felt like I truly belonged would be in my homeroom class last year. In my homeroom I had all of my close friends and we always had the best time. We all have shared interests and mutual friends so when we had conversations, everyone understood what was going on and what we were talking about. I feel like they matched my energy very well and we are very similar in how we act which I think created feelings of belonging. When I was in homeroom with them, I felt like I was part of a group and like I had a group of people who truly understood me. 

Summary: In class we read the text "Missing Your People" and answered assessment questions. 

Reflection: We learned in our reading that belonging isn't necessarily about surrounding oneself around a lot of people, but more about finding a group of people that you identify with. This is important because sometimes we think that surrounding ourselves with a lot of people can fix feelings of loneliness and hope that it'll make us feel like we belong which isn't always the case. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about a conversation that changed you.