After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.
Prompt Response: After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, two important takeaways that I got were the importance of connecting the "so what?" back to ones claim and the importance of using complex vocabulary. I observed that the essays that used complex vocabulary throughout the essay often ended up receiving the sophistication point. I learned about the AP rubric by seeing how the rubric tries to give people credit for what they do, even if the overall essay is not very good. I also learned three questions that I should try to answer when writing commentary. These questions are very important because they help the writer connect their evidence back to their claim without sounding redundant.
Summary: We took notes about how to write commentary and we scored different AP Language argument essays as a class.
Reflection: We learned about how to write commentary by answering three questions. This is important because it helps you connect your evidence back to your claim and if you don't do that, than it can make your evidence seem irrelevant as one isn't providing the reader with the "so what?'.
Comments
Post a Comment