Write about something that you believed as a child.
Prompt Response: When I was younger, I thought that the tooth fairy was real. Every time that I'd lose a tooth, I'd put it in a small cushion my parents had bought me to put under my pillow. As I got older, it started clicking in my head that it probably wasn't actually the tooth fairy who was leaving me money under my pillow. I remember there was one day I asked my mom if the tooth fairy was real and she had no words, she couldn't crush her daughter's dreams. Eventually I found out that the tooth fairy wasn't real, but my mom and I still laugh about how speechless I left her when I asked her about whether or not the tooth fairy was real.
Summary: Today in class we talked about the different types of claims and practiced claims of values.
Reflection: We learned about the differences between claims of fact, claims of value, and claims of policy as well as figuring out whether or not something is actually arguable. I can use this knowledge in the future to make sure that I'm using the right types of evidence to support my claims in order to create the strongest arguments possible.
Comments
Post a Comment