How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

 Prompt Response: Living around Atlanta has influenced the way I see my community, culture, and identity as it's allowed me to meet people from various different backgrounds as well as people who have the same background that I do. By meeting people who share my background of being a Mexican American child, I've connected more to my culture and it's helped me develop who I am as a person and the things that I like such as my music.  If I was speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, I would want them to understand how diverse it is. Whether it's somewhere like Buford Highway, that has different restaurants that represent various cultures, or even Lakeside High School that has people from all different types of backgrounds, you'll always see different types of people. Anywhere that you turn, you'll see a different type of person which is incredible. 

Summary: Today in class we practiced rhetorical situation by looking at Keisha Lance Bottom's "Go Home" speech. 

Reflection: Being able to identify rhetorical situation is important because it allows you to understand the speaker's choices and how it helps strengthen their message. By practicing this skill, you get to also learn how different choices could make your own claims stronger. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.