Describe something you will never fully understand.
Prompt Response: Something I will never fully understand is how some children of immigrants don't care about their education. Their parents made so many sacrifices so that their children would have better opportunities than they did, yet so many children throw that all away. I've seen it with people I've been close with where they just tanked their grades and rarely went to school when their parents put so much on the line so that they could get there. I get that sometimes people may get overwhelmed with school or sick of it, but I don't think that justifies throwing it all away for temporary fun when it could determine your future. As a child of immigrants, I want to be able to get further in life than my parents did and be able to do the things they weren't able to do because of their lack of opportunities which is why I'll never understand how some people can just put their education to the side.
Summary: Today in class we took notes about how to format an argument body paragraph and we tried an example.
Reflection: It's important to learn how to format an argument body paragraph so that you can ensure that you have enough evidence and reason to support your claim. This is important because the stronger your claim is, the stronger your argument will be.
Comments
Post a Comment