Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.
Prompt Response: One thing that makes me different from other people is my compassion. More times than I could count, I've been in a situation where I've felt alone and sad and I've learned the feeling all too well when it feels like you only have yourself. Among my friends, I've been able to notice how they feel the same way and I always try to go out of my way to make sure that they don't feel alone when they need something. Even if I'm going through something, I always like wanting to help them through things because I know how much that can make the difference. This goes not only for friends, but also people who have been part of my life before. Even if they were the reason we stopped talking, I feel compassion towards them when I hear they're going through something because at some point, they were still a big part of my life and I think that sets me aside from a lot of people. I'm not saying that all people nowadays don't care about others'emotions, but I think that a lot of people mainly focus on themselves and don't often realize the silent battles others go through.
Summary: In class we watched clips of movies and analyzed the rhetorical situations in each. We also took a quiz at the end of class.
Reflection: It's important to practice rhetorical situations because it lets you realize why the speaker made certain choices when trying to get a point across. This can help us learn how to do the same thing in order to make our points stronger.
Comments
Post a Comment