As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?

 Prompt: One topic that I think I'll have to stand up and debate most often is immigration in the United States. This topic has become very controversial in the past few years and it's very important to me as my parents are immigrants. In school, I've met people with different viewpoints and there's no doubt that I'll continue meeting people who have different opinions on the topic which is why I believe that it's something I'll have to debate about often. Growing up, I've seen and heard the stories of my parents, family, and friends regarding immigration and why they had to make certain sacrifices. I've also done large amounts of research on the topic as I used it as it was one of my topics during AP Seminar last year. This leads me to believe it's something I'm fairly educated on and could debate about, which I'll definitely have to do as the topic continues to be talked about and argued over. 

Summary: Today in class we took notes about argument and looked at ads while trying to figure out what rhetorical appeal they were using. 

Reflection: Today I learned how to really distinguish ethos, pathos, and logos while looking at different ads. I can use this knowledge as understanding the different rhetorical appeals can help me defend my arguments in the future and help in things such as future jobs. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.